Thursday 16 April 2015

Cravings

So...to cravings...not so much actually.

Before I knew I was pregnant I went off coffee, tea and chocolate, which should have warned me earlier to my situation really. Pre-pregnancy I could be a 5 coffees a day from the machine at work girl, but I've gone off it completely and haven't had a cup in the last 4.5 months.

Luckily, rather than having cravings as such, I've had more of a penchant for fruit, vegetables and water. Lots and lots of water. Wish this was my natural state, but I'm taking heed and am learning that this is obviously what my body (and the baby needs). I've heard some horror stories of craving coal and sand, so feel incredibly lucky I haven't headed in that direction (at all) yet!

I have however craved something of a non-edible variety...baths and the outdoors. I had a bath nearly every day in the first trimester (my water bill that quarter was astronomical) but now I'm down to about twice a week. Spring has finally sprung so I'm also getting a good dose of sunshine which is amazing considering I was miserable in the winter. I don't know whether I got a worse dose of SAD thanks to the pregnancy, but it certainly didn't get any better. But, spring is definitely here now, the birds are chirping their twilight song and all is well with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment