Sunday 20 December 2015

Week 14 - Fairy Light First

The Christmas decorations are up and I'm taking every opportunity to show our little boy the delights of the warm golden fairy lights on the tree and the multi-coloured lights adorning our bushes outside. He is already growing out of the festive onesies family and friends have kindly given him . He's not even 4 months old yet and the feet of the 3-6 month suits are too small for him. This is one long boy!

Rolling over?
Not yet and does not seem have any inclination to.

Crawling?
His legs move in the right motion when he's having tummy time, but he doesn't lift himself up enough to move, although his head is always fully up. He's got the right moves instinctually, but not enough strength to push his stomach up off the floor. 

Sounds
Noooo, wooooahhhhh, uhh, ahhhh, elloo (pretty sure this last one is hello - we say the word to him often enough!)

Actions
Holding on to teddies/dummies and able to lift and move them around. Grabs onto my fingers when I put my hand in front of him, fingers splayed. He grabs onto areas of my skin, like my arms and really digs his nails in - reminding me he needs his nails cut often! Holds his head up fully now. Does not need to be supported. He's a calm soul and happy to spend time with other people.

Teething?
He stuffs both his hands into his mouth and rubs his gums, but he hasn't shown signs of pain or discomfort yet. Blows lots of bubbles.

Feeding
Normally fully breast-fed but last night my husband and I had our first date-night (to see the new Star Wars movie) so the little one was bottle fed pre-made formula. It definitely affects his stomach. I should have expressed, but didn't plan it in properly and ended up going from 5.30pm - 2.30am without feeding/expressing...they were like rocks!! On a typical night he'll feed before he sleeps, then wake around 2.30am and 6.30am.

Facial Expressions
Lots of smiling, looking directly in your eyes and cocked eyebrows. His face is so expressive I don't really need to know what he's thinking...his face says it all!He loves looking at faces and will smile unprompted.


Routine
He's building his own routine, waking at 6.30am for a feed, change and quick play, before going back to sleep for between an hour and three. Then it's always feed, change and play (not necessarily in that order) before another nap. He tends to stay awake longer between naps in the evening, when he's most vocal, but we get most smiles in the morning. He normally wants to be in his crib by about 9.30pm and falls asleep without much fuss.

Me
I still feel like me. I went into work this week and it was great to see old colleagues to wish them a Merry Christmas and take in cards, but I'm not ready to go back yet. I've never been in this situation before, so I'd like to take off as much time as I can, after all, I'll never get this time back with my son again. I'm fully intending to go back though, after all, I worked hard for my career and I'm not ready to give it up just yet. I just need to make sure I find a great person to look after my son, I'll let you know how that search goes.






No comments:

Post a Comment